You’re Invited: Chile-U.S. Double Taxation Treaty Panel Event
Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Registration: 5:30pm - 6:00pm
Conference: 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Reception: 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Linklaters, Morales & Besa and the North America-Chilean Chamber of Commerce of New York (“NACCC”) are pleased to invite you to a panel event on "The Chile-U.S. Double Taxation Treaty," which was recently approved and expected to come into effect by January, 2024.
The event will feature a lively discussion with industry experts on the below topics, followed by a networking cocktail reception.
- Introduction to the Chile-U.S. treaty to avoid double taxation
- Benefits arising from the tax treaty
- Impact and opportunities for cross-border investment in the mining industry in Chile
- Implications of the tax treaty in M&A and financing operations
- Opportunities for other Latin American jurisdictions: Could Chile act as a platform for Latin American investments in the U.S.?
- Limitation on benefits
Linklaters New York Office
1290 Avenue of the Americas, Floor 31
New York, NY 10104 (map)